The below gives you an outline of the workshop and what will be covered. SM&CR workshops will take place over 3 hours and attract structured CPD.
For dates and event timings, please refer to the event booking pages.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to understand how the new Senior Managers and Certification Regime will apply to their business, and will be able to identify what, if any, additional support they require in order to prepare for the 9th December 2019 deadline.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain and detail the Conduct Rules, including their practical application within a regulated environment
- Explain the Senior Managers Regime, with the ability to write a compliant Statement of Responsibility
- Explain the Certification Regime, including how to identify who needs to be certified, and by when
- Understand the various initial and ongoing SM&CR support services the SimplyBiz Group is able to provide, both as part of your core package, and as additional chargeable services
1. Introduction to a new regime - SM&CR and the power of three
The biggest change to impact authorised firms since the RDR in 2013.
2. An outline of the three structure tiers of SM&CR
A clear explanation which will allow you to identify which tier your firm fits into.
3. The three key areas
To embark upon your SM&CR journey you need to understand your responsibilities.
3.1. The Conduct Rules
An examination of the rules and responsibilities for those affected.
- Setting minimum standards
- What is an 'employee' for the purposes of these rules
- Accountability and awareness of conduct issues across the firm
- Communicating your requirements across the firm
- Monitoring and evidencing adherence to the Conduct Rules
- Senior managers' responsibilities under Conduct Rules and disclosure
- Disciplinary action and appeals
- Training across the firm on all of the above
3.2. The Senior Managers Regime
An examination of expections and the responsibilities of those designated under this category:
Senior Manager Functions
Statement of Responsibilities
Temporary periods of absence